Summer Training and MasterclassesA critical element of ProArteDanza's artistic vision is continuous investment in the next generation of contemporary dancers.
ProArteDanza's Summer Intensive Program (SIP) was established in 2007 for dancers 19+ years old (Apprentice level) and was designed to develop dancers who are deeply fluent in a wide variety of dance vocabularies. The program was expanded in 2015 to include a training stream for 15-18 year olds (Aspirante level) and then in 2018, a 12-14 year old (Jr Aspirante) program was added. The majority of ProArteDanza's company dancers are former students of SIP. Watch clips from SIP 2018 !
In 2019, SIP will run from July 29-August 25 with 4 weeks of teaching for the Apprentice, Aspirante and Jr Aspirante streams. The program concludes with four public performances August 22-25.
Video auditions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open audition dates were:
- Saturday February 16, 12:30pm-3:00pm for Apprentice (19+) at the National Ballet School, 400 Jarvis Street
- Sunday February 17, 10:00am-12:30pm for Jr Aspirante (12-14), 1:00pm-3:30pm for Aspirante (15-18) at the Citadel, 304 Parliament Street
Summer Intensive Program Schedule
- July 29 - August 25
- Monday to Friday 9:30am-5:30pm (Jr Aspirante 9:30am-4:30pm), Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Location - Winchester Street Theatre, 80 Winchester Street, Toronto
- Performances will run August 22-25
Program Cost: $1850 plus HST